In this short article we understand What is WordPress to a non technical person and not focus at all from a developers point of view.
What is WordPress ? Explained
WordPress – is a Content Management System that allows the website owner to post content using user friendly content editor.
Without the need of editing code or a web developer.
What Type of Websites can be Build Using Wordress ?
You can use WordPress, to build any kind of websites including Business sites, portfolios, one page sites but most preferably WordPress is best suited for Blogging. A huge number of plugins, themes, templates are made available by the WordPress Community, so the possibilities of What you can achieve with WordPress are endless, just think WordPress as Google but of the Web Design world.
What famous Websites are using WordPress ?
Here are some big brands using WordPress as CMS on their Website –
- Facebook Newsroom
- Sony Music
- MTV News
- Time Inc and many more
Even the website you are on – Mrvirk.com uses WordPress.
How to check if a Website is using WordPress ?
- Low cost for Business Owner / Blogger
- Easy to manage and post content for a non technical person
- Website can be Developed faster and be online in days
- Free to Download
- Easy to Install out of the box
- Uses the Latest Web technologies and standards
- More secure
- Better SEO
- Abundance of Free Plugins and Themes
- Abundance of Community Support
- Huge User base so WordPress is not going anywhere and updates are released on regular basis
Customisation needs Coding but that is common sense.